Are there dietary supplements that can help with atopic dermatitis?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our fasting infographic that covers the latest research on the risks and benefits of different types of fasting: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe. Support NutritionFacts.org with a donation at http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate.
Meta-analyses can be skewed in the other way too, by quietly shelving negative results so only the positive findings are published. Antidepressant medications are a classic example of this publication bias. Check out my coverage of it in my video Do Antidepressant Drugs Really Work? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-antidepressant-drugs-really-work/).
As I queued up at the end, I cover topical natural treatments in my next video, Eczema Treatment with Coconut Oil, Mineral Oil, vs. Vaseline (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Eczema-Treatment-with-Coconut-Oil-Mineral-Oil-vs-Vaseline).
What about skipping the lard and trying to eat healthier? See what happened in Treating Asthma & Eczema with Plant-Based Diets (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/treating-asthma-and-eczema-with-plant-based-diets/).
For more on skin health, check out:
• Produce, Not Pills to Increase Physical Attractiveness (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/produce-not-pills-to-increase-physical-attractiveness/)
• Beauty Is More Than Skin Deep (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/beauty-is-more-than-skin-deep/)
• Preventing Wrinkles with Diet (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-wrinkles-with-diet/)
• Flaxseeds For Sensitive Skin (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/flaxseeds-for-sensitive-skin/)
• Can Cellulite Be Treated With Diet? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/can-cellulite-be-treated-with-diet/)
• Eating Better to Look Better (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/eating-better-to-look-better/)
• Preventing Skin Cancer From the Inside Out (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-skin-cancer-from-the-inside-out)
• Natural Treatment for Acne and Fungal Infections (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/Natural-Treatment-for-Acne-and-Fungal-Infections)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eczema-treatment-with-evening-primrose-oil-borage-oil-vs-hempseed-oil and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/eczema-treatment-with-evening-primrose-oil-borage-oil-vs-hempseed-oil. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
To view the subtitles in transcript format, click on the ellipsis button below the video, choose “Open transcript”, and select the language you’d like to view them in.
Icons created by Luis Prado, Ian Shoobridge, Academic Technologies, Zidney, and Nico Ilk from The Noun Project.
Image credit: Marek Isalski / flickr
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org